Why we are backing Voyantis — the predictive growth OS that is helping online businesses achieve profitability
By: Dana Bublil
The marketing landscape has changed dramatically
Growth marketing’s foundations continue to feel the effects of a series of seismic post-pandemic changes. From the IDFA changes in iOS 14.5 and Facebook’s deprecation of the AMM program to Apple’s changing privacy threshold and Google getting ready to drop tracking cookies in 2023, the industry has been scrambling to adapt.
Additionally, due to the changing market and investor demands, companies are now expected to invest more time and resources into strategies that support sustainable growth and profitability given the growth-at-any-cost approach is no longer feasible for most.
Marketing and growth teams understand they must leverage their owned data, but still struggle to find frictionless ways to leverage the data they own and activate it for targeted growth and profitability. And it all needs to be done by placing privacy-centric approaches front and center.
Two of the biggest challenges growth marketers are facing include:
- Privacy: The privacy-centric approach generates a divide between the big ad networks (Facebook, Google, TikTok etc.) and the marketer’s user data. We see that with Apple’s App Tracking Transparency, and with Google upcoming Privacy Sandbox. That is a positive trend for consumers, a very big hurdle for the networks, and a totally new responsibility for the consumer and B2B companies. They are suddenly charged with the job of modeling their customer’s behavior — no longer able to be “lazy” and rely on the networks to do their job for them.
- Fragmented growth function within the organization: There is a lack of resources for growth teams to draw on, preventing them from using data as a lever for growth. Granted, there are some teams that are able to build an in-house growth operation, including the likes of AirBnB, Lyft, Monday, and others. These are the companies that come out ahead. For everyone else, it collectively becomes a bit much, especially when factoring the time, money, and resources that go into the development, and maintenance of such a product to facilitate scalable growth in-house.
Voyantis offers any online business the ability to optimize growth marketing capabilities based on its predictive lifetime value modeling. Codelessly.
Tremendous value for growth teams
While there are various companies whose mission is to democratize predictions by applying AI to any business use case, Voyantis takes a more vertical approach. Its focus is on building predictions focused on marketing and growth use cases.
Voyantis’ codeless predictive growth OS allows marketing and growth teams to shift to lifetime value (LTV) based growth, by seamlessly integrating their data, and predicting the future value and intent of its users. Those predictions can be used to support:
- Adjustment of bids according to predictions
- Optimized budget allocation, across channels and campaigns
- Acquisition of high-value users at scale by feeding ad networks with predictive signals
- Fueling and optimization of channel campaigns using predictive audiences
It goes without saying business growth is cross-functional. Between marketing, data science, R&D, the various teams use different platforms and systems, thereby complicating collaborative efforts. Very few iconic brands have managed to build their growth OS internally, leveraging data in the smartest way possible.
Voyantis’ no-code predictive growth OS is here to help seamlessly facilitate business growth, by arming growth teams with the predictive capabilities needed to make informed decisions while maintaining healthy unit economics. With Voyantis, growth teams can focus on profitability, by using predictive data to acquire and retain customers of the highest value.
For businesses that care about building long-lasting relationships with their customers, it is extremely difficult to understand and optimize on long-term unit economics.
Voyantis provides a visibility and activation layer for data-driven organizations, such that everyone can speak the same language. No more “sales optimizes for conversion rate” vs “marketing optimizes for cost of acquisition” vs “product optimizes for expansion” vs “support optimizes for retention.” Voyantis helps everyone in the organization measure, and be measured by the KPIs that the shareholders, the board, and the CFO care about. Namely, we are talking about the ROI (or LTV to CAC ratio), and the scale.
- The C-level executives can set (predictable) long-term goals, and measure them within the quarter.
- The VP and Director levels can set their individual team’s goal as a derivative.
- The operational teams can activate ML-fueled workflows that optimize to those same KPIs.
- The whole organization can measure and see whether their goals are on-track.
This is the future of growth marketing
We chose to invest in Voyantis because we see them leading the movement into predictable and sustainable growth. They already have multiple key customers, each of which were obtained while in stealth — including the likes of Notion, Miro, Ipsy and others.
Given the current market conditions, going back to basics seems more critical than ever. This is seen in the way growth leaders are making sure their unit economics work, and that their companies have a path to profitability set in place.
This creates an amazing opportunity for Voyantis, as its mission is to help customers focus on the right users, therefore increasing their efficiency, and improving unit economics.